Whiringa-ā-nuku – October
Up & coming holidays 2017 – The centre will be closed
- Labour Day – Monday October 23rd
- Canterbury Day – Friday November 17th
- The centre will be closed on Thursday 21 December 2017, @ 12.30pm.
- The centre will re-opened on Monday 15 January 2018, @ 7.45am
SUMMER IS NEAR
As days are becoming hotter and Tamanui-Te-Rā beats down on us, we are providing
a lot of water play for tamariki.
Please send your tamaiti / tamariki with named spare kākahu.
Sun Smart Policy
Our Sun Smart Policy is now in effect.
Sunhats will be worn and Sunblock will be applied. We do provide both, sunhats are washed weekly.
If you wish for your tamaiti to wear their own Sunhat and Sunblock, then please provide these.
- Tamariki will be encouraged to wear a Sunhat and Sunscreen will be applied between the
hours of 10am and 4pm.
- Tamariki will be encouraged to wear kakahu that cover and protect their shoulders and back
of neck, especially during the hottest part of the day.
- Kaiako will role model appropriate sun smart behaviour.
If your tamaiti is going to be absent from the centre, please let us know via:
Landline: 940 84 36, Text: 021 956 718 or Facebook: te waka elc matua
This helps with staffing.
HAND, FOOT & MOUTH
We have had confirmed cases of the hand, foot & mouth virus in the centre over the past several weeks.
EARLY SIGNS: Fever, rash on soles of feet, palms & in or around mouth. Flu like symptoms.
Time between EXPOSURE & SICKNESS: 3 – 5 days
EXCLUSION from CENTRE: While the tamaiti is feeling unwell. Please sort medical advice from your GP before returning to centre.
KUTU, KUTU, KUTU
Please check and treat your tamaiti hair appropriately…
Please check, clean & / or cut your tamaiti finger nails if required. This is to minimise any
accidental scratching & bacteria.